1. Applicable conditions: Customers who purchase regulated electrical appliances, including air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators, as specified in the Producer Eco-Responsibility Ordinance, can request free removal service for the same type and quantity of used electrical appliances (only applicable to the same type of regulated electrical appliances “Note 1”).
2. Location: Any premises in Hong Kong.
3. When to make request: (a) When a customer signs the Record of Choice of Removal Service; or (b) Customers can request removal service by calling us at 23870272 / fill the online form within 3 days after the transaction. Late request will be deemed as no requests for the removal service.
4. Timing of the removal service (a) Under normal circumstances, 3 working days are required for arranging the removal service. (b) The old items at the customers’ designated locations will be removed on the date specified by the customers. (c) No removal service is available on Sundays and public holidays.
5. Remarks: (a) The removal service may be different from the delivery and installation service. The old items pending removal can be removed in advance or placed temporarily at the premises for collection later as appropriate. Customers can contact us for arrangement. (b) The old items will not be returned once collected. (c) The old items must stand-alone and be freed from other connections or obstacles. (d) If the old items have serious hygiene issues e.g. rancid foods, presence of cockroaches and ants, etc.), our staff will have the right not to remove such items, and there will be no more free removal service for the customers. (e) Customers shall give no less than 2 working days’ notice in respect of any request for change of delivery time, date and/or place. (f) In the event of a Black Rainstorm Warning / Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above, the removal service will be suspended and rescheduled. (g) The company shall not be liable for any delay, suspension or rescheduling due to traffic or adverse weather conditions or other factors. (h) All personal data are for the purpose of arranging removal service for the old items only and the company shall comply fully with the obligations and requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486). (i) In case of any disputes, the decision of the company shall be final.
Note 1 Air conditioners – including single package type and split type air conditioners, air-cooled or air heated (or both), with a rated cooling capacity not exceeding 7.5 kilowatts (3HP). Washing machines – with a rated washing capacity not exceeding 10 kg . Refrigerators – with a total storage volume not exceeding 500 liters. Televisions – the size of its display screen not exceeding 100 inches (measured diagonally) Computers – generally including personal computer, desktop computer, tablet computer, laptop computer and notebook computer. Printers – not exceeding 30 kg in weight; one that can be used as a photocopier, facsimile transmitter or scanner is nevertheless regarded as a printer. Scanners – not exceeding 30 kg. Monitors – not having the function of storing electronic data or computing, the size of the display screen is not smaller than 5.5 inches (measured diagonally) but not exceeding 100 inches (measured diagonally).
Customers can also browse the website of WEEE (Environmental Protection Department) https://www.weee.gov.hk or Collection Hotline (2676 8888) for other appropriate recycling methods and more information.